Pages

Thursday 7 April 2016

2. HOW WAS THEIR LOVE? THE EXTENT OF THEIR LOVE FOR THE PROPHET (s.a.w)



Imran ibn Hussain radhiallahu `anhu said:

, قَالَ : " مَا مَسَسْتُ فَرْجِي بِيَمِينِي مُنْذُ بَايَعْتُ بِهَا رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ " .

I haven't touched my private organ with my right hand ever since i pledged with it to the Prophet sallalahu `alayhi wa sallam

[Ref: Musnad Ahmad ; Sanad saheeh. This shows the level of sanctity , respect and honour the companions gave towards the prophet and the shi`a deem these people as zindeeq and kaafir]


Umar Al-Farouq [May Allah be pleased with him] used to – say to Al-‘Abbas – the Uncle of the Messenger of Allah [Prayers of Allah and Peace upon him]:

Your [embracement of] Islam is more pleasing to me then if Al-Khatab [my own father] had embraced Islam; [that is because your Islam] is more pleasing to the Messenger of Allah [Prayers of Allah and Peace upon him].

Ali ibn Abi Talib [May Allah be pleased with him] was asked: How was your love for the Messenger of Allah [Prayers of Allah and Peace upon him]?

So he replied: He was, by Allah, dearer to us then our wealth, our children, our fathers, our mothers, and from cold water at [the time of] extreme thirst”


[Al-Shifaa” by Al-Qadi ‘Iyaad 2/568]

Contemplate on what came in the tradition of Ibn ‘Abbas [May Allah be pleased with them] where he narrates that: 
“A blind man had an Umm Walad who used to insult the Prophet [Prayers of Allah and Peace upon him] and say bad things about him. He told her not to do that but she did not stop, and he rebuked her but she did not heed him. One night, when she started to say bad things about the Prophet [Prayers of Allah and Peace upon him] and insult him, he took a short sword or dagger, put it on her belly and pressed it and killed her.

A child who came between her legs was smeared with the blood that was there. The following morning that was mentioned to the Messenger of Allah [Prayers of Allah and Peace upon him]. He called the people together and said: “I ask by Allah the man who has done this action and I order him by my right over him that he should stand up” 

The blind man stood up and said: “O Messenger of Allah, I am the one who did it; she used to insult you and say bad things about you. I forbade her, but she did not stop, and I rebuked her, but she did not give up her habit. I have two sons like pearls from her, and she was kind to me. Last night she began to insult you and say bad things about you. So I took a dagger, put it on her belly and pressed it till I killed her.” Thereupon the Prophet [Prayers of Allah and Peace upon him] said: “Bear witness, there is no blood money due for her


[Narrated by Abu Dawud (tradition # 4361), and Al-Nasaei 7/99]

So notice what that “perceptive” man [May Allah be pleased with him] did in defending the Messenger of Allah [Prayers of Allah and Peace upon him]; even though he is a blind man, and that woman, who was the mother of his children, treated him with kindness, and he has from her two sons of extreme beauty. With all that, he favored the love of the Messenger of Allah [Prayers of Allah and Peace upon him] and his defense over all these others things that he loved so May Allah be pleased with him. 

Al-Waqidi narrates in his Maghazi:


That Marawan ibn Al-Hakam who was the ruler of Medina[at the time] said to a Jewish man called ibn Yameen: How was ibn Al-Ashraf killed?

Ibn Yameen replied:
 Through betrayal.
And Muhammad ibn Maslama [May Allah be pleased with him], who was an old man at the time, was seated, so he said to Marawan:
 O Marawan, do you consider Prophet Muhammad [Prayers of Allah and Peace upon him] to be from among those who betray? By Allah, we did not kill him except by the order of the Messenger of Allah [Prayers of Allah and Peace upon him]. By Allah, I would not meet with you under a single roof, except that of the Masjid.

(and) As for you ibn Yameen, by Allah, if I ever get power over you and in my hand is a sword, I would use it to strike your head.


After that incident, Ibn Yameen would never leave Banu Quraizah except after sending forth someone to look for Muhammad ibn Maslama. If they inform him that [ibn Maslama] is away in some of his land, he would leave, complete his business and return. Otherwise, he would not leave.


One time when Muhammad ibn Maslama was attending a funeral, he saw ibn Yameen in Al-Baqee’, so he took some palm-tree branches [that he found], and started hitting [ibn Yameen] with it, branch after branch, until he breaks it on his face and head. [Ibn Salama] then let [ibn Yameen], who became so weakened, go and told him: By Allah, if only I had a sword I would have hit you with it”


[Maghazi Al-Waqidi” 1/192 – abridged, and refer to: “Al-Sarim Al-Masloul” by Ibn Taymiyah 2/184. Weak]


When Malik ibn Anas [May Allah shower him with mercy] was asked about Ayub Al-Sekhtiyani, he said: I never spoke to you of anyone better than Ayub.

He also said: He (i.e. Ayub) performed pilgrimage twice, and I used to watch him [from far away], but didn’t listen to him. However, [I noticed that] whenever Prophet Muhammad [Prayers of Allah and Peace upon him] was mentioned he would begin to weep, until I felt for him. So once I saw what I saw of him, and how much he revered the Prophet [Prayers of Allah and Peace upon him] I [started] writing from him.

Mus’ab ibn ‘Abdullah said:

[Imam] Malik’s color used to change whenever the Prophet [Prayers of Allah and Peace upon him] was mentioned, and he used to (lower his head) until his companions felt for that; he was told about this one day, so he said:

Had you seen what I have seen, you would not have questioned what you have seen of me. I used to see Muhammad ibn Al-Munkadir, and he was the master of the Reciters [of the Quran], we never asked him about a tradition except that he would start crying and weeping, until we felt sorry for him (out of love and respect)” 

[Al-Shifaa” by Al-Qadi ‘Iyaad 2/596, 597. Refer also to: Majmou’ Al-Fatawa by Ibn Taymiyah 1/226]


 Another will be available tomorrow........

No comments:

Post a Comment