Pages

Friday 8 April 2016

3. SIGHT AT ANY COST :

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (s.a.w) as saying: The people most loved by me from amongst my Ummah would be those who would come after me but everyone amongst them would have the keenest desire to catch a glimpse of me even at the cost of his family and wealth. 

[Muslim Book 40, No. 6791. / Ahmad bin Hanbal / Ibn-e-Habban]

Abu Huraira reported so many 'ahadith from Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) and one among them was that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) is reported to have said: By Him in Whose Hand is the life of Muhammad, a day would come to you when you would not be able to see me, and the glimpse of my face would be dearer to one than one's own family, one's property and in fact everything. This hadith has been transmitted on the authority of Ishaq with a slight variation of wording.

[Muslim Book 030, Number 5833]

It is well known that the sahabis not only were keen but also it was one of their utmost desires to be with the messenger (s.a.w) to observe him, learn from him, love him. We have many narrations wherein the sahaba wouldn't speak anything in front of the rasool (s.a.w) because of the awe of him. they were too shy out of respect and love to ask an silly questions or speak anything inappropriate in front of the messenger of Allah (s.a.w)

Similarly Abu Hurairah also greatly loved the Messenger of Allaah (Sallalahu Alayhee Was-Sallam), he said to the Messenger of Allaah (Sallalahu Alayhee Was-Sallam), “Oh Messenger of Allaah when I see you I feel very happy and joyous and my eyes water.” (Musnad Ahmad (3/323), Mustadrak (4/160), Majma’a az-Zawaa’id (9/363) with an authentic chain). 

  Another will be available tomorrow.......

No comments:

Post a Comment